Here’s a look at what you’ll find in the
July episode of Hometown Health!
Hometown Health has amassed more than 105,000 views on our YouTube channel. Check out all of this month, past months' and past years' stories.
Edward Neuzil, Jr., owner of the Allergy, Sinus and Asthma Family Health Center and creator of Dr. Neuzil’s Irrigator nasal cleansing spray, has been inducted
as a 2014 Fellow of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (FAANP).
6th Grade Immunization Program
The Florida Department of Health in Lake County in collaboration with the Lake County School Board will offer immunizations for students who will enter 7th grade in the 2014/2015 school year:
The Florida Department of Health in Lake County School Health team will provide the following required vaccinations:
· Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap)
· Hepatitis B (Hep B)
· Measles, Mumps Rubella (MMR)
Click HERE for a list of Schools, Dates and More Information
Tobacco Free Florida offers three ways to quit:
· CALL: Call the Florida Quitline at 1-877-U-CAN-NOW1-877-U-CAN-NOW to speak with a Quit Coach who will help you assess your addiction and help you create a personalized quit plan.
· CLICK: Enroll in the Web Coach®, which will help you create your own web-based quit plan that’s right for you, visit https://www.quitnow.net/florida.
· COME IN: Sign up for Quit Smoking Now group classes at your local Area Health Education Center (AHEC) by calling (877) 252-6094(877) 252-6094 or visiting www.cfahec.org.
The Florida Medical Association has teamed up with Florida Rx Card to enable you to provide free discount prescription drug cards to your employees and patients.
The Florida Rx Card can be used for savings of up to 75 percent on prescription drugs at over 56,000 pharmacies nationwide. The Florida Rx Card discounts brand names and generics as well as non-covered medications for those patients who may have prescription coverage. The program has no membership restrictions, no income requirements, no age limitations, and there are no applications to complete.
You can help by encouraging your patients and employees to print a free Florida Rx Card at http://www.flmedical.org/discount.aspx
Information about State & Federal Health Alerts are available
We want you and your family members to be safe and healthy.
Follow the links below for information about Food & Product Recalls
For the latest information on product recalls, visit:
For the latest in food recalls, visit: